Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cheddar Bacon sliders with a honey mayo dressing



This week's burger was on Saturday night because my wife and I have a valentine's dinner date tomorrow at the Spanish Tavern in Newark. I wanted to go back to using my slider maker. I bought all of the ingredients at Whole Foods. I used beef for this burger. The ground beef was organic grass fed and was 85% lean meat. For the bacon I used an uncured peppercorn seasoned bacon that was delicious. I used a rack and set the oven to 400 degrees. While the bacon was cooking in the oven I prepared the beef into thin little patties and seasoned them with some sea salt. After the bacon was about half done I wrapped each burger with a thick slice of peppercorn bacon and covered it with some grated extra sharp cheddar cheese. Then I preheated the slider maker and the press and cooked the bacon wrapped cheddar burger until it was about medium. I found these great little rolls in the bread section at Whole Foods. These were soft and had a nice outer crust. I would say they were sort of like Potato rolls. The last step was to make my dressing to go on the buns. In a mixing bowl I combined some olive oil mayo and some honey. Then I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes. Lastly, I mixed in some brown mustard for taste. This burger was really good. The peppercorn bacon alone would have made anything taste good. It was seasoned very heavily which I loved. The dressing was a little sweet and a little spicy and provided a creamy back taste to the rest of the burger. As a whole the burger was another success. And finally for dessert I had a Reese's peanut butter heart and a chocolate covered pretzel which were valentine's day gifts from my wife and my mother in law. I better get to the gym early tomorrow morning because after this dinner and the Spanish Tavern tomorrow I will need to cut back for a while. To all of the people who read my blog please sign in as a follower. Also, I am not sure if everyone knows this but if you click on the pictures of the burgers you can see them zoomed in for a better look. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment