Monday, March 1, 2010

Turkey Burger BLT






First of all I am sorry about the late post. I was very busy yesterday and did not have the time to go shopping and cook. My sister in Law is on a diet and therefore she is starving. Becasue of this she sits around all day and thinks of burgers she wishes she could have. Out of about twenty suggestions one sounded pretty good and also doable. The burger was supposed to be similar to a classic BLT that you can get in any Diner, Drive In, or Dive around the country. Add some turkey and you have a Turkey BLT. I used peppercorn bacon again just like I did last time I used bacon for this blog. I preheated the oven to 400 and cooked the bacon on a wire rack for about 15 or 20 minutes. The ground turkey I wanted as simple as possible. I just added a little bit of salt and black pepper. I tried to make the patties really thin and more rectangular so that it would fit well with the bread as opposed to a bun. I cooked up the turkey burgers on a cast iron skillet with just a little bit of vegetable oil to coat the pan. I cooked them for about 8 minutes on each side to make sure the turkey was cooked thoroughly. For the bread I used a light Jewish Rye bread which I toasted lightly. A typical BLT has Mayo for moisture. I found a bottle of a garlic aioli in the store. An aioli is just oil infused with some flavoring. This one was a garlic flavored sauce. I mixed some of the aioli with some Helman's mayo and used that in between slices of bread. Finally it was time to put the sandwich together. I started with the toasted bread slathered with the garlic dressing. Then I topped it with a thin turkey burger. Next was the peppercorn bacon, lettuce, and tomato. I repeated the entire process for a double decker turkey burger BLT. Three slices of bread, two turkey burgers, 2 tomatoes, 4 pieces of lettuce, 4 slices of bacon, and a delicious garlic dressing. This burger was a big one. Good thing I was pretty hungry after going back to work today. I stuck a large steak knife through the sandwich for the effect and this was a delicious burger. It was a simply good combo just like the classic BLT. I am running out of time folks. If you have any suggestion please send them in. Remember, if you like the blog then sign up to become a follower and don't forget you can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment